Thursday, June 11, 2015

Oboe Life - Take 3: Ghosts Are Real...& The End Is Here.

What Is Planned For The Upcoming Summer?

With all due respect, if you believe in the supernatural, then do not get offended or ticked-off about what I'm going to say about ghosts (because spirits are far from relevant to this in any way or form). So, have you ever gotten that gut-renching feeling when you know something is going to happen to you, or you've just gotten bad news and you're about to faint? Well, mine was more like an instant shock, that made you feel like time froze and everything around you stood still, and you just happen to feel very lost and confuse, and lose all sense of speech and hearing. 

Very personal, but that's how I felt after seeing the one person that seemed like a ghost to me. I planned on going to Dollar Tree to pick up some supplies for my end-of-the-year Woodwind gifts to show my woodwinds how much I've appreciated and enjoyed the past year with them, but at the last minute, I made a sudden turn to Target instead. I'm not sure why I decided to go to Target, but something instinctively told me to. So, I had my cousin with me, and we went to Target. I'm walking around the aisles looking for what I need, and I turn around in one aisles and my cousin is gone. So, I run out of the aisle looking for her, but at that same moment as I ran out, there it was: the ghost. 

This ghost is a really dear friend of mine; one that always made me feel anxious and nervous, and that feeling of confusion and mixed feelings of emotions. I can admit that I had the biggest crush on this fellow a few years back, but never went in to pursue due to the relationship I was in. Anyway, so I saw him out there, staring at me back. I was in total shock. I haven't seen this person since a year before, but even then I haven't actually spoken a word to him in person for years, disregarding the letters that I would write to him. It was my experience as if I was seeing this ghost. He was a ghost that came back from the dead. My physical state was there, but my mind had shut down. Although, we did say a few things and went our way, even waving to each other once more before we left the store, but I was speaking in unfinished sentences that trailed off with loose ends. It was a feeling that made me lost. 

Anyway, enough of that. School has ended for me, and I am now a Senior in high school. I wrote a facebook post a couple of days ago, saying how I still feel like a 14-year-old freshmen with curiosity, then I said I'd rather travel with The Doctor than experience the real world. I've said my goodbyes to many seniors, some that I have gotten to know this year, others that I've grown close to, and some that happen to just only say hello to me now. My experience with these seniors were such a whirlwind for me. I've never experienced such interesting people in my life, but they have shown me the life lessons that everyone should learn. Their mistakes have become lessons that hopefully the next set of band students will learn from. I hope that I can try to teach those lessons for next year before I leave. 

Some of these fellow seniors will go out to universities, stay here and attend community college where they will find who they want to be, and some will go out to serve our country and depart this month, and others will also just try to enjoy life. Whatever they do, I know band will keep them on the right track. 

As for my summer, I plan on applying as a Barista for tea cafes or Starbucks, just to earn the money to make my reeds, and lessons. I also plan on attending a music camp held at the local state university. Starting tomorrow evening, I will be joining the local youth symphony and perform with them Antonin Dvorak's Symphony no. 9 - New World, where I will play both Oboe and English Horn. I will strive to do my best and continue to grow this summer, so when I return to school, I will be able to play oboe still. 

Speaking of school, I will be ruining my embochure for the last time with my fellow high school marching band. Because I did not get Drum Major (not saying I regret that), I will be playing flute. That means I have to find a community group to play in, so that way my oboe embochure will continue to develop. 

Here is to the end, oh and a funny video of a ghostbuster spoof the Trumpet section did my freshmen year for Pop's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment